The 130 Strong Motion High Resolution Recorder combines the 130S Broadband Seismic Recorder and an advanced, low-noise, force-balance, tri-axial accelerometer to deliver accurate and timely data and information for seismic events, including their effects on buildings and structures.
The 130-SMHR is designed specifically to meet the USGS Advanced National Seismic System (ANSS) specifications for strong motion reference stations for deployment in urban areas and is supplied with an internal high resolution force-balance accelerometer, model 147A-01/3 with a dynamic range >155dB, and a high precision oscillator for precise time-keeping. Time keeping accuracy ±10 µsec with GPS locked and a validated 3-D fix.
The mission of ANSS is to provide accurate and timely data and information products for seismic events, including the effect on buildings and structures by employing modern monitoring methods and technologies. The four main goals of the ANSS system are to:
- establish and maintain an advanced infrastructure for seismic monitoring throughout the United States;
- continuously monitor earthquakes and other seismic events;
- thoroughly measure strong earthquake shaking at ground sites, in buildings and critical structures; and
- automatically broadcast information when a significant earthquake occurs for immediate assessment of its impact.
The 130-SMHR advanced communication features include TC/IP over Ethernet and asynchronous serial. Setup and control is accomplished with either the iFSC Controller or a desktop computer running the RTI software package. An LCD continuously displays state-of-health and status information.
The 130-SMHR case allows the installation of an internal battery to provide backup power for more than 48 hours. The command/control interface allows the users to program and examine the instrument’s operating parameters and perform important diagnostic functions, such as acquisition status, sensor calibration, trigger parameters, etc.
- State-of-the-art 24-bit ADC
- Wide dynamic range
- Low noise force-balance accelerometer
- Simultaneous telemetry and local-recording
- IP communications over Ethernet and asynchronous serial
- Embedded / removable mass storage
- Low power
Get a Quote
Please fill out the form below to submit your quote request. The fields marked with an asterisk are required fields for a quote request.