TRIMBLE R4s Receiver Firmware Update
before 6 APRIL 2019
Procedure to upgrade your TRIMBLE R4s GNSS Receiver to the latest Firmware Version 3.81
- Download the R4s Loader software
- Un-zip the downloaded TrimbleR4sLoader.zip file on your PC.
- Run the TrimbleR4sLoaderSetupV7_1_0.exe file and follow the steps to install R4s Loader software.
- An icon / shortcut to the R4s Loader software will be created on your desktop.
- Download the V3.81 Firmware file.
- Copy the downloaded r4s_upgrade_v3.81.tar firmware file to your PC.
- Insert a fully charged battery in your R4s receiver.
- Switch the R4s receiver ON.
- Connect the R4s receiver to your PC using the USB cable.
- Run the downloaded R4s Loader software (from the icon on your desktop).
- Select the COM port corresponding to the USB cable.
- Press the [Upgrade] button
- Select the downloaded r4s_upgrade_v3.81.tar firmware file.
- Press the [Update] button and wait for the receiver upgrade to complete.
Note: Your receiver has to be under warranty in order to be successfully upgraded.
For assistance in this regard, please contact the OPTRON Helpdesk:
Tel: 0860 999 007 (Shared Call) | +27 12 683 4500 (International)