PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To drive employee attraction, engagement, retention and performance within the company through ensuring sound and accurate HR practices, whilst also enabling employees and line managers through sound HR guidelines, policies and processes.
Recruitment & Selection:
- Manage the recruitment, selection and appointment process ensuring best practice guidelines and company process is followed.
- Ensure accurate profiling and grading of all roles.
- Ensure new resources receive proper induction and onboarding when joining OPTRON.
- Drive the OPTRON employer brand to attract the best resources.
- Provide line managers with support in dealing with people matters, managing team health and morale.
- Work closely with line managers to improve employee relationships, increase productivity, performance and staff retention.
- Provide managers with frameworks and guidelines to engage employees in career path, performance and other key staff engagement discussions, and take part in such discussions when necessary.
- Monitor and report on employee wellbeing, culture and staff engagement on a regular basis.
- Consult with line management and provide HR guidance on any and all matters concerning the employees of OPTRON.
- Be the custodian of performance management system/process, providing direction and support to line managers enabling them to implement and execute good outcome driven performance management of staff.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance.
- Monitor and report on workforce and succession planning.
- Work with line managers to identify skills and training gaps within their teams, in order to compile and drive annual training plans that addresses the key needs of the organisation.
Governance & Compliance:
- Uphold & ensure adherence to sound HR policies and procedures.
- Take ownership of OPTRON’s B-BBEE verifications, working with consulting and internal staff to coordinate B-BBEE planning and keep a competitive advantage through highest possible B-BBEE level.
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leave and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements and reporting within the labour legislation & relations field.
Remuneration & Reward:
- Keep abreast and advise on salary structures and competitive fair remuneration through following sound benchmarking principles.
- Oversee the administration of payroll and benefits during monthly payroll run.
- Monitor total reward frameworks to determine where improvements may be made to drive the employee value proposition.
Strategy & HR metrics:
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Develop and monitor basic HR metrics that will add value to management and Executive decision making around staff matters.
People Management (own direct team):
- Lead by example, ‘walk and talk’ OPTRON’s organisational culture and values in pursuit of excellence.
- Provide guidance to team members and hold them accountable in terms of ensuring and continuously improving professional and quality work, client engagements and high performance through continuous performance conversations, resulting in formal annual performance reviews.
- Ensure that respective team members are productive and motivated by communicating clear direction and expectations, whilst utilising team members’ strengths versus weaknesses.
- Address potential performance and disciplinary issues of direct reports, consulting with HR as required.
- Serve as liaison and coordinator between team members/business unit (BU) and other business areas affected or involved in specific BU operations.
- In collaboration with HR, engage with team members regarding career paths, identifying skills and knowledge gaps to drive team learning and development, whether functional (i.e. role) or product/technology specific.
- In collaboration with HR, determine workforce needs in terms of required headcount and functional roles, and follow the recruitment process to fill potential vacancies.
- Manage team leave through approval and decline of leave requests.
- Continuously monitor team health (morale and engagement) and engage with HR to address any team health issues.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
Qualifications / Experience:
- Tertiary degree in HR required (Honours degree will be beneficial).
- 5 – 7 years proven experience in the HR field, with 1 – 2 years being on management level.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Thorough understanding of HR trends both within the company and general market patterns.
- A solid understanding of labour relations.
- Working knowledge of all HR and LR related statutory legislation and reporting.
- Proficient user of payroll software (i.e. Sage, VIP etc).
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Supervisory skills: Oversee processes, people and activities.
- Creative and innovative thinking.
- Reasoning and critical thinking abilities.
- Conceptual ability to analyse, interpret & offer customised solutions.
- Problem solving ability.
- Strong business and financial management knowledge and understanding.
- Accountability: Integrity; reliability.
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- Conceptual; coordinating; organising; systematic; accuracy, self-management.
- Physical demands: As required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Valid unendorsed driver’s license and own transport
- Availability to travel when required.
OPTRON Core Values: Behavioural Competencies
- Respect – have due regard for others & acknowledge our diversity
- Integrity – doing the right thing, even when no-one is watching
- Trust – have a firm belief in the reliability, truth and ability of others
- Ownership – be accountable for our decisions and actions
- Excellence – proudly committed to quality & success
- Balance – work hard, play hard
REMUNERATION PACKAGE: Market related remuneration and benefits
Should you be interested in this opportunity and meet the minimum requirements, please complete the form below or submit a detailed CV to HR@optron.com.
Note: In accordance with the company’s Employment Equity Policy, preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
Please complete the form below to apply for this vacancy.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required fields