PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To research, develop and drive the UAV and Drone segment objectives to maximising segment growth, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
- Drive Product marketing for UAV and Drone segment focused on demand for and adoption of product ambit through the OPTRON sales channel directed at new and existing customers.
- Provide technical assistance to the New Business and Technology Manager to test and evaluate potential new products.
- Engage with suppliers by actively participating in hardware and software Beta testing programs.
- In collaboration with OPTRON Group sales representatives, consult with customers to explain complex issues and understand their technical needs.
- Translate customer product, process, application and technical needs into effective, customised solutions.
- Compile and present technical presentations to customers where required.
- Support OPTRON Group sales representatives through demonstrations, technical proposals and quotations.
- Maintain agreed up stock levels for applicable products and advice Procurement when associate stock replenishment required (i.e. take ownership of the stock of Hardware and Software for you segment ambit)
- Advise on quality control processes and procedures on all products/systems/technologies forming part of solution implementation before delivering to customer and ensure prompt delivery to customers.
- Provide high level product training/support if the applicable product has not yet been integrated into the capacity/capability of the Technical Support Helpdesk.
Post Implementation Support
- Lead team in diagnosing technical problems and determine most suitable and efficient solutions to resolve such problems.
- Actively assist the Technical Support Helpdesk in resolving customer queries and provide technical solutions to resolve issues as they may arise.
Maintain a sound relationship with all key suppliers on a technical level with regards to products.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree/diploma in surveying or relevant engineering fields.
- Minimum of 5 years proven application engineering, surveying and solution implementation experience.
- Experience in the Geospatial industry will be an advantage.
Skills / Knowledge
- An advanced knowledge of OPTRON Group technologies and solutions.
- Planning, organising and coordination abilities.
- Ability to troubleshoot and test technical equipment.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal & non-verbal).
- Understanding of industry/applications/solutions/customer requirements.
- Understanding of solutions implementation and service level support best practice.
- IT proficiency (Knowledge of CRM software & Microsoft office)
- Creative and innovative thinking.
- Reasoning and critical thinking abilities.
- Conceptual ability to analyse, interpret & offer customised solutions.
- Problem solving ability.
- Accountability/Integrity in sales, expense & delegation issues.
- Reliability regarding services offered/promised to customers.
- Understanding the industry, market developments & needs.
- Physical demands: As required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work environment: As required by performing the essential functions of this job.
- Valid unendorsed driver’s license and own transport
- Availability to travel and be prepared to be away from home on a regular basis.
OPTRON Core Values: Behavioural Competencies
- Respect – have due regard for others & acknowledge our diversity
- Integrity – doing the right thing, even when no-one is watching
- Trust – have a firm belief in the reliability, truth and ability of others
- Ownership – be accountable for our decisions and actions
- Excellence – proudly committed to quality & success
- Balance – work hard, play hard
REMUNERATION PACKAGE: Market related remuneration and benefits
Should you be interested in this opportunity and meet the minimum requirements, please complete the form below or submit a detailed CV to HR@optron.com.
Note: In accordance with the company’s Employment Equity Policy, preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
Please complete the form below to apply for this vacancy.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required fields