Ultimately accountable for growing the Group footprint within the mining sector through positioning the Group as a strategic business partner at customer executive/C-suit & senior management/HOD levels (hereinafter referred to as clients).
Responsible for understanding the mining sector, clients’ operational and strategic needs to identify opportunities for to address these needs through existing or new solutions and technologies in collaboration with the GM’s, NSM, RSM, SM, and NBT (hereinafter referred to as relevant internal stakeholders.
- Drive the development and successful execution of a mining strategy
- Identify and coordinate touch points within the mining strategy with other internal divisions or stakeholders for successful Group strategy interaction
- Plan, direct & co-ordinate the mining division for successful strategy implementation and future sustainability while driving operational efficiency in relevant processes and systems within the division
- In collaboration with the Managing and Finance Directors, develop annual budgets for the mining division and monitor and control allocated budgets on a monthly basis (including relevant assets)
- Report key metrics and changes within the mining division strategy and landscape, and performance of the mining segment, to the Managing Director and NBT where relevant
- Implement improvements within the mining strategy to maintain a stable performance of the mining segment, by mapping current processes, analysing, redesigning, acquiring additional resources, implementing and communicating changes to all relevant stakeholders
- Work collaboratively and strategically with mining clients and internal stakeholders to embrace the digital world in terms of new technologies
- Maintain a solid understanding of the mining value chain (in breadth and depth) to identify technology gaps in the mining sector, and guide the relevant internal stakeholders’ efforts
- Stay abreast of market competition and devise tactical plans to remain competitive at all times while also keeping up to date with industrial needs and innovations
- Develop a deep understanding of mining clients, their strategic drives and needs
- Drive new lead generation, development of business proposals and key account management for all new and existing mining clients
- Ensure creation of long-term value and business development for the Group within the mining sector, by identifying and bringing together strengths and customer, and market, needs in a way that positions and sells the business and not just the products
- Drive the retention and growth of the footprint within existing and new clients, both horizontally (into other departments) or vertically (deeper down into various departments) to increase sales pipelines
- Needs to drive product sales through GM’s, NSM’s and RSM’s by providing an entrance/introduction to new and existing client environments
Customer Relationship Management
- Develop new and nurture existing business relationship with suppliers and clients through strategic engagement and ensuring satisfactory delivery from all areas of the customer 360-degree experience (from initial engagement to sales, delivery and implementation cycles).
- Engage on and resolve customer complaints at an executive/C-suite level quickly and efficiently through direct involvement with the relevant internal stakeholders
- Keep key clients updated on the latest products and technologies that can provide value to their organisations and operations
- Conduct regular reviews from CRM programs/tools to stay abreast of and manage operational interactions with existing and potential mining customer in collaboration with NSM and GMs
- Degree / Diploma in Mining Engineering, or other relevant and related degrees.
- Diploma or certificate in business administration, strategic management or business development will be an advantage
- Mine Surveyor’s Certificate of Competency will be an advantage
- Minimum 15 years’ experience within the mining sector with at least 5 years’ solid experience at executive level engagement and business development
- Understand sales processes and business acumen
- Technical knowledge of the working of a mine
- Understanding of product & solution portfolio
- In depth knowledge of mining industry value chain
- In depth proven sales experience
- Ability to convey technical information and provide engineering expertise at a business level
- Up to date knowledge and awareness of all safety procedures in the mining industry
- Ability to work independently and proactively (self-starter and motivator)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal & non-verbal)
- Good organisational and coordination skills.
- Understanding of industry/ applications/ solutions/ customer requirements
- IT proficiency (Knowledge of CRM software and Microsoft office)
- Creative, innovative and strategic thinking
REMUNERATION PACKAGE: Market related remuneration and benefits
Should you be interested in this opportunity and meet the minimum requirements, please complete the form below or submit a detailed CV to HR@optron.com.
Note: In accordance with the company’s Employment Equity Policy, preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
Please complete the form below to apply for this vacancy.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required fields