PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- To maximise business growth and profitability for the allocated region(s) through the optimal selling of geospatial products, solutions and services – built on credible customer relations and partnerships.
- Ultimately accountable for respective regional sales plans for the existing portfolio of products, technologies and solutions.
- Drive sales performance against set standards / targets as determined by the National Sales Manager.
- Offer quality solutions to meet customer needs by conducting proper research and addressing the customers pain points.
- Develop methods for growth and maintenance of customer base through actively identifying new sales and market opportunities within allocated region(s) as well as keeping in contact with loyal/repeat customers.
- Prepare and submit sales forecasts to the National Sales Manager on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Uphold effective and efficient sales process and administration for accurate and accountable sales processing and practices.
- Maintain OPTRON Group’s reputation and ensure customer satisfaction by taking control of the delivery process for prompt delivery of products/service.
- Ensure continuous development and maintenance of own product knowledge for sales excellence.
- Liaise with National Sales Manager to define marketing campaigns and requirements in collaboration with respective product specialist.
- Stay up to date with new and upcoming regional product launches and ensure attendance thereof.
- Build and improve on long-term client relationships with key defined customers within the region/s.
- Drive customer satisfaction through ensuring professional, knowledgeable and friendly customer service delivery throughout the region(s).
- Ensure the provision of timely and effective solutions aligned with clients’ needs.
- Make customers feel valued and involved by requesting their feedback and thereby creating constant improvement on product and service offerings.
- ‘Walk-and-talk’ OPTRON’s organisational culture and values in pursuit of excellence.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE:
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree or diploma in Geotechnical Engineering / Surveying or equivalent
- Diploma, certificate or training in Sales practices will be advantageous
- Minimum of 3 years plus proven experience in relevant sales environment (Survey, GIS, Construction, Mining or Civil Engineering)
Skills / Knowledge:
- An advanced knowledge of related products & services
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal & non-verbal)
- Understanding of industry/ applications / solutions / customer requirements
- Understanding of sales best practices
- IT proficiency (Knowledge of CRM software & MS Office)
- Creative thinking
- Ability to effectively liaise with customers / members of the business community
- Reasoning and critical thinking abilities
- Conceptual ability to analyse, interpret & offer customised solutions
- Problem solving ability
Attitude / Approach:
- Accountability / Integrity in sales, expense & delegation issues
- Reliability regarding services offered / promised to customers
- Understanding the industry, market developments & needs
- Ability to understand sales performance metrics
- Physical demands: As required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Work environment: As required by performing the essential functions of this job
- Valid un-endorsed drivers license and own transport
- Availability to travel and be prepared to be away from home on a regular basis
OPTRON Culture & Values: Behavioral Competencies
- Respect: Promote synergy by treating each other with respect
- Infectious enthusiasm about life: Give our best everyday, whilst having FUN!
- Commitment to the job: Hold each other accountable to be consistently committed to excellence
- Be an innovative thinker: Encourage new ideas and ways to stay ahead of the market
- Helpfulness: Take pride in serving our customers and assisting colleagues
REMUNERATION PACKAGE: Market related remuneration and benefits
Should you be interested in this opportunity and meet the minimum requirements, please complete the form below or submit a detailed CV to HR@optron.com.
Note: In accordance with the company’s Employment Equity Policy, preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
Please complete the form below to apply for this vacancy.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required fields