PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Take ownership of technical support and training to customers on all relevant Geospatial products/solutions.
- Resolve any reported product/solution issues or malfunctions through following proper diagnostic/troubleshooting steps, as well as standard procedures and protocols, to identify and understand the problem and provide suitable solutions.
- Continuously provide optimal technical customer support whether through field visits or telephonic.
- Ask customers targeted questions during telephonic support to identify the root of the problem.
- Talk customers through suitable/applicable steps and actions to resolve issues when providing telephonic support.
- Ensure all product/solution/customer issues are properly logged, provide timeous reports and manage own field dispatch schedule.
- Continuously build supportive customer relationships.
- Provide technical support to internal staff involved in the sales (i.e. pre-sales support) and implementation of relevant products/solutions.
- Assist with technical presentations at OPTRON product launches and seminars.
- Continuously build and expand on own product knowledge.
- Prepare for customer training through completing a needs analysis of the end users being trained, and compiling training material and agenda accordingly.
- Present technical training, as certified Trimble trainer, to all customers and product end users, on newly acquired products or product upgrades.
- Ensure quality control of all products/solutions dispatched to customers.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree/diploma in surveying or relevant engineering/technical fields.
- Minimum of 3 years proven field service/support experience.
- Experience in the Geospatial industry will be an advantage.
- Certified Trimble Trainer.
Skills / Knowledge:
- An advanced knowledge of OPTRON technologies and solutions.
- Planning, organising and coordination abilities.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, test and service technical equipment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & non-verbal) to provide technical help.
- Understanding of industry/applications/solutions/customer requirements.
- Understanding of solutions implementation and service level support best practice.
- IT proficiency (Knowledge of CRM software & Microsoft office)
- Reasoning and critical thinking abilities.
- Conceptual ability to analyse, interpret & offer customised solutions.
- Problem solving ability.
Attitude / Approach:
- Reliability regarding services offered/promised to customers.
- Understanding the industry, market developments & needs.
- Physical demands: As required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work environment: As required by performing the essential functions of this job.
- Valid unendorsed driver’s license and own transport
- Availability to travel and be prepared to be away from home on a regular basis.
OPTRON Core Values / Behavioural Competencies
- Respect – have due regard for others & acknowledge our diversity
- Integrity – doing the right thing, even when no-one is watching
- Trust – have a firm belief in the reliability, truth and ability of others
- Ownership – be accountable for our decisions and actions
- Excellence – proudly committed to quality & success
- Balance – work hard, play hard
REMUNERATION PACKAGE: Market related remuneration and benefits
Should you be interested in this opportunity and meet the minimum requirements, please complete the form below or submit a detailed CV to HR@optron.com.
Note: In accordance with the company’s Employment Equity Policy, preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
Please complete the form below to apply for this vacancy.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required fields