Field Services Technician
*Full description below
At the OFFICE:
- Check and test system, prep for Installation.
- Uploading and testing of software and codes onto hardware.
- Activities using hand operated power tools during hardware prep.
- Packaging of kits into boxes for transportation.
- Prepare vehicles with stock and consumables for installations.
- Assist with stock check in vehicles.
- Keep all admin up to date.
- Perform all reasonable duties as instructed.
- Assisting in the Service Centre and Stores when and if required.
- Installing of systems onto various construction or mining machinery.
- Installing of Hydraulics onto various construction or mining machinery.
- Installation activities using hand operated power tools.
- Providing onsite technical assistance with regards to breakdowns.
- Provide operator training.
- Performing all reasonable duties as instructed by on site Project Leader.
Note: The applicant must be prepared to travel and be away from home. Traveling will include traveling to African countries.
- Matric / Grade 12 or equivalent
- A Technical Qualification will be an advantage.
- A competent self-motivated, reliable and energetic person – self-management important.
- To be physically healthy, preferably in his twenties, so as to meet physical work demands.
- Technical aptitude and interest – practically competent.
- Quality & dedicated work precision important
- To be presentable in front of customers
- Has a valid passport & driver’s license
- For practical work reasons, to live preferably close to the offices and have own reliable transport.
REMUNERATION PACKAGE: Market related remuneration and benefits
Should you be interested in this opportunity and meet the minimum requirements, please complete the form below or submit a detailed CV to HR@optron.com before COB on Friday, 13 April 2018.
Note: In accordance with the company’s Employment Equity Policy, preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
Please fill out the form below to apply for this vacancy. The fields marked with an asterisk are required fields for a vacancy application.