Programmer / Database Administrator
*Full description below
- Creating scripts on amongst other a Trimble Mining SQL Server database.
- Writing procedures and functions on abovementioned SQL Server databases.
- Writing procedures and C# programs to import data from other source systems into the abovementioned databases, some of these on the cloud.
- From time to time get involved in other software development projects
- Preparing training courses on products mentioned below
- Installing configuring and maintaining products on customer servers
- Design and development of database systems
- Setting up and installation of web sites
- Extensive travel and working in remote locations
- A BSc Computer Science degree from a reputable South Africa University
- 4-5 Years software Development Experience
- 2-3 Years SQL Server scripting experience
- 2-3 Years SSRS experience
- Valid passport
- Own reliable transport
- Valid unendorsed driver’s license
- Responsible self-driven person with initiative who takes ownership for his/her portfolio
- Ability to solve problems alone when in remote locations without help.
- Ability to switch rapidly between tasks when needed
- Ability to learn new customer environments and software tools
REMUNERATION PACKAGE: Market related remuneration and benefits
Should you be interested in this opportunity and meet the minimum requirements, please complete the form below or submit a detailed CV to HR@optron.com before COB on Friday, 19 March 2018.
Note: In accordance with the company’s Employment Equity Policy, preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
Please fill out the form below to apply for this vacancy. The fields marked with an asterisk are required fields for a vacancy application.