An exciting career opportunity currently exists within Optron for a Field Support Engineer.
The position will be based at Optron's head office in Centurion and the successful candidate will report to the Support Manager.
The Field Support Engineer is responsible for providing customer support through the performance of on-site installations, diagnosis, troubleshooting, service, and repair of on machine construction Heavy and Highway equipment and systems for customers of the SITECH Technology Dealership. Working as a subject matter expert; the Field Support Engineer assists in developing localized training materials and provides training to end-users on the operation of Machine Control systems. The Field Support Engineer is responsible for delivering quality technical assistance on time. Customer satisfaction is the key component of the Field Support Engineer's success.
- Provide timeous machine installation, maintenance and high-level operator training to end-users, on Heavy Construction technology at the customers site
- Ensure the operational quality of the system by documenting post-installation tests
- Provides on-site troubleshooting as requested
- Document and report activities as well as be pro-active in creating process improvements
- Assist sales and marketing with trade shows and events
- Drive revenue based on performance of services for construction machine customers
- Trave to service the sub-Saharan Africa customer base
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Diploma in land surveying
- Survey experience on roads and heavy construction
- Experience in troubleshooting hydraulic and electrical issues on heavy equipment machines
- Familiarity with construction site operations using heavy equipment machine controlled systems is desired.
- Facilitation of training will be an advantage
- Experience in Arc welding is desired
- Must have a solid understanding of using a PC incl. Microsoft Office applications e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Valid unendorsed license
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of machine control products
- Ability to present and follow a prescribed training outline in a professional manner
- Experience with heavy equipment and hydraulic systems required
- Able to follow both routine and advanced procedures and to think analytically.
- Ability to plan and organize work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates sound business judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and problem solving skills
- Experience working in a team environment
REMUNERATION PACKAGE: Market related remuneration and benefits
Should you be interested in this opportunity and meet the minimum requirements, please submit a detailed CV to e-mail: HR@optron.com before 07 December 2017.
Note: In accordance with the company's Employment Equity Policy, preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.